Open Position: Director of Church Youth & Discipleship
Requirements for All Staff
• Establish and sustain a relationship with God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit through prayer and other spiritual disciplines.
• Treat all persons with dignity and compassion.
• Offer support and Christian love in all situations.
• Respond to tense circumstances with Christian maturity and wisdom.
• Allow Jesus Christ to be the center and compass of life.
• Live a life that is just, upright, spiritual, and faithful.
- Preach the gospel.
- Baptize believers.
- Conduct love feast, communion, and other church services in collaboration with the Deacons and appropriate church ministry teams.
- Perform consecration, anointing
- Write articles for the Herald monthly. Prepare verbal and/or written reports for Ministry Team, Leadership Team, Congregational Gathering, Education Team, and others as required.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of church programs and make recommendations to the Leadership Team to meet the needs of the future church.
- Serve as Delegate to the Church of the Brethren Atlantic Northeast District Conference on a rotational basis with the other Pastors.
- Provide counseling as needed, making appropriate referrals to licensed counselors and/or healthcare professionals as needed.
Youth Minister Specific Duties (Grades 6-12)
- Provide spiritual leadership to youth.
- Develop and maintain a personal relationship with youth.
- Coordinate congregational youth ministries including education, small groups, and activities to encourage young people to develop a personal relationship with Christ.
- Coordinate youth outreach opportunities including service projects and mission experiences to encourage youth to be the hands and feet of Christ.
- Build relationships with schools and local ministries to coordinate opportunities with the community and to reach beyond the youth of Hempfield Church of the Brethren.
- Encourage and facilitate parental and other adult involvement in youth ministries.
- Works with Church Administrator to track and maintain clearances for youth volunteers
- Coordinate with the Worship Team to incorporate youth into the worship experience.
- Use social media to promote the youth program.
- Attend monthly Ministry Team meetings, Leadership Team meetings, and Education Team meetings.
- Recommended to preach at least quarterly.
- Network with other local youth ministers.
- Maintain contact with post-high school youth and continue to involve them in the life of the church.
- Work with Children Ministry leaders to build relationships with upcoming youth
- Coordinate, and when necessary, organize/lead congregational ministries including education, small groups, and activities to encourage people to develop a personal relationship with Christ.
- Coordinate outreach opportunities including service projects and mission experiences to encourage people to be the hands and feet of Christ.
- Supports the overall visitation program to be carried out in cooperation with the Senior Pastor including visits to homes, retirement homes, hospitals, prisons, etc. With emphasis on visits to youth and their families.
- Divides hospital and crisis visitation, including the weekends on a rotating basis in cooperation with the Senior Pastor.
- 3 years’ experience working with youth preferred
- Begin licensing within 1 year, if needed
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org