HCOB Youth Ministry
6th – 12th grade
Mission Statement: HCOB Youth Ministry exists for TAG
Teaching teens about the Bible (2 Timothy 3:15-16, Hebrews 4:12, Colossians 3:16)
Assisting them in their daily lives (1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:14, Galatians 6:2)
Growing in faith & maturity in Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18, Hebrews 6:1, Luke 17:5)
Tag is the German word for “day” or “today,” meaning that we are living in the moment that Christ has presented to us.
Vision: At HCOB Youth Ministry, we desire to see youth who build bridges between the church and the world through the profession of Christ as Savior, discipling others in their walks of faith, and continuing in communion with church and family.
HCOB Youth Ministry Values:
- Challenging and exegetical teaching from the Word of God – the Bible. (Eph. 4:11-16, 1 Timothy 4:11-13)
- Understanding proper interpretation and application of Scripture. (Psalm 119:105, Titus 2:6-8)
- Acknowledging and using Spiritual Gifts. (1 Tim. 4:14, 1 Corinthians 12:6-10)
- Living lives authentic to the faith we proclaim. (Galatians 2:20, Matthew 5:16)
- Practicing Spiritual disciplines, such as study of the Bible, prayer, and fasting. (James 2:24, Philippians 4:8)
- Stimulating holistic growth from the home. (Exodus 20:12, Proverbs 22:6)